The Annual General Meeting of the Greelandic-Icelandic Chamber of Commerce was held in Reykjavík 1 February 2017. The Chairman of the Board, Árni Gunnarsson, presented the highlights of last year's activities in the beginning of the meeting. The highlights of the meeting were changes to the bylaws and election of the Board.
The following motions to the Bylaws were approved:
- The motion to approve the Annual Accounts for the extended fiscal year 1 January 2015 to 31 March 2016.
- The motion to approve to change the fiscal year of FRIS to 1 April to 31 March going forward.
- The motion to grant the Chairman of GLIS – Greenlandic Icelandic Chamber of Commerce – in person – with the consent of the Vice Chairman the authority to take decisions regarding matters of common interest to the bi-lateral chambers, without the prior consent of the Board.
The following individuals were elected onto the Board:
- Árni Gunnarsson, Flugfélag Íslands - Chairman
- Gylfi Sigfússon, EIMSKIP Ísland ehf - Vice-Chairman
- Elva Gunnlaugsdóttir, Arctic Services
- Haukur Óskarsson, CEO of Refskegg
- Hermann Sigurðsson, ÍSTAK
- Arnannguaq Geström, USISAAT
- Kuno Fencker, Aluu Airlines
- Svend Hardenberg, Mannvit APS & Greenland
- Pele Broberg, Aluu Airlines